Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Great Paper Chase!

Our dearest AJ,
Whew! What a day today, little Buddy! Our paper chase to bring you home has officially begun. The first round of documents for our dossier have been signed, notarized, and faxed for approval. You would have laughed at me as I hovered over the fax machine at work, growling and showing my teeth at anyone who attempted to walk too close before I knew the papers had been successfully sent! (God help them if they actually wanted to fax something before I knew I was done!)
The truth is, I can't stop thinking about you and how badly we want you here. I'm so afraid I will mess something up with your paperwork and it will be all my fault that you have to stay longer where you are. That thought haunts me daily. I need my family to be complete and it's just not complete without you. We have some beautiful photos of you that Grammie Nancy put together, matted, framed, and hung up here at home with the other photos of our (your) family. It's perfect now. There aren't any awkward empty spots on the wall anymore. You just fit beautifully and perfectly.
I have been working on learning some handy Russian phrases and can't wait to tell you how much I LOVE YOU! I know you can't hear me say it, but I say it to you everytime I pass by your photos. I say it to you while I'm driving and I see your face in my mind. My Russian accent is bad, but the words still come. I think you'll know what I'm trying to say when we meet.
I'm waiting to hear back from our licensing worker to schedule our homestudy meetings and chasing papers for her as well. Tomorrow I will go back to Manchester to get Daddy's birth certificate and go to our home courthouse...guess why...yes, collecting more papers. You are worth more than every email, phone call, fax, and road trip. If we were told we had to travel to the moon and bring back rocks to get you to us, we would make it happen- somehow, someway.
It's 2:30 in the morning where you are right now, Love. I pray you are sleeping peacefully and dreaming of good things. Jesus, hold our baby close tonight and tell him Mommy and Daddy love him madly.
Я тебя люблю,
Mama, Papa, Anthony, Monster, and Two

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting us know about the blog! Writing these letters is a sweet idea and a great keepsake for later. Blessings on the journey and please let us know if we can help!

    Peace, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I've posted about Anthony a few times at www.allchildrenareablessing.blogspot.com and on Facebook.You're family is an answer to prayer. Anthony has many of our hearts! God bless you and congratulations on your new son!!!

    ReplyDelete