We've been home for 2 weeks now. You fit with our little family perfectly. Daddy and I cannot even think of life without you being in it. To be honest, and as funny as it may sound- it's already hard to remember what our life was like with just the 3 of us. You add so much beauty to our lives.
What have you taught us about you in the last two weeks?
1. You love to eat and you're good at it too! (ham, turkey, chicken, beef, spinach, bananas, yogurt, oats, prunes, oranges, pancakes, bell peppers, avocadoes, chicken enchilladas ala Joani, chicken and veggies ala Nicki, meatballs and mashed potatoes ala Tracy, italian beef ala Lynn, pizza ala Annie.... you love it all!!) This is not an exhausted list of all that you will gladly fill up your tummy with!
2. You not only resemble Daddy, you share some of the same habits. You like to sleep with your arms above your head and you wiggle your socks off so they are hanging off of your toes. Your Dad does the same.
3. You love to show how strong you are by grasping my fingers and pulling to a sit then to a stand.
4. You love to go grocery shopping. You have lots to say on shopping trips and clearly want everyone to know where you are at all times! It's pretty wonderful to hear that sweet little voice.
5. You are getting much better at taking a bath and are not quite as panicked when we put you in the bathtub. I think you're starting to realize we are in fact, NOT trying to cause you any harm.
6. You are getting used to the idea that whether you like it or not, your teeth will be brushed two times per day. Sorry kid- no negotiations on that one. Your sweet little face twists into the most pitiful of expressions when you see me holding your Lightening McQueen toothbrush. You will open your mouth up nice and big for me when I say "AHHHHH!!!!"
7. You suck on your thumb and giggle to yourself while rolling onto your side when you're sleepy.
8. Your smile lights up the entire house when you wake up in the morning. You're so happy when I come to get you from your bed. That smile speaks volumes to my heart. That's a smile just for Mommy and Daddy. I can't even put into words how it feels when you dazzle us with that smile and reach your little hands out to us to be picked up. We will always pick you up. You will never have to worry about being ignored or hushed or passed by.
9. One of your favorite things is to snuggle with your big brother when he gets home from school. You've even fallen asleep with your head on his chest. And he will in turn fall asleep resting on the top of your head. You're both way to good at hearing the camera come out. I have yet to capture one of those moments. I will get one. I'm sure of it, because I know there will be many many many more of those precious moments to come.
10. You are figuring out how to play with toys one by one. You are very curious and inquisitive, but cannot be pushed or rushed. Those new found wonders are best enjoyed on your terms. And that's fine with us. Scout is still your favorite. We've changed the name that Scout says now. It's been Anton (which unfortunately wasn't spoken with a Ukrainian or Russian accent) to AJ. We call you AJ. I still sneak in an Antoshka here and there, but you are definitely an AJ.
Today is Saturday and it is a beauty of a day. The sun is shining and it's calling us to come outdoors and enjoy it. Daddy woke us up this morning with pancakes with real maple syrup, bananas, and fresh raspberries. Delish!! All of my men, big and little and canine under the same roof. Before I was just happy to say that soon we would be on the same continent. Nothing is proving to be better than a good Saturday morning kiss from your Dad and hearing you and your big brother's giggles. My cup runneth over and over and over and over and over... time to get bundled up a bit and enjoy this sunshine and fresh air.
Happy 2nd weekend in America!
To the moon and back,
Mommy and Daddy