Monday, August 8, 2011

Thinking of and missing you...horribly

Our dearest AJ,
How are you Love? Did you have a peaceful sleep? I so hope it was full of great dreams of doing big things! It's 68 degrees, partly sunny, and 6:45am where you are right now. Are you just starting to open those beautiful brown eyes or are you squeezing them closed for a few more minutes? I would suggest, you know, as your Mommy and all- that you keep them closed for a few more winks.

We've been busy here, still working on getting you home! We've had a few minor glitches with paperwork, but I think I've got the kinks out and we should be alright now. I'm waiting for my employment letter from my work and our Doctor called us today to let us know our medical papers should be completed in the next day or so. You'll meet him, our doctor. He and his wife and family are great friends of Daddy and me. They actually helped us so much in our fundraising to help bring you home! We are so blessed to have them in our lives.

The most frustrating glitch, which I think I finally fixed for good this morning had to do with the marriage certificates we had received from Oregon. (We'll take you there too, maybe even next summer!) The ones we had, that your Auntie Kimie so graciously obtained, paid for, and mailed to us, were not the ones that the state of Oregon would apostille. They were notarized by a county registrar, which the Secretary of State's office does not have a signature on file for. We didn't find this out until an envelope came in the mail on Friday night, spelling out what we had done wrong. It was too late to do anything about, but stew and get more frustrated. So, FedEx received a donation of 73 dollars to overnight our useless notarized marriage certificates to Salem, Oregon. This morning I was able to buy two new notarized marriage certificates- this time notarized by a State Registrar- and the Vital Statistics office in Portland will send them to Salem for apostille. Daddy, your brother, and I went and faxed the paperwork for apostille to Salem tonight. I've been assurred and reassurred by the Secretary of State office- this will all work out and we will receive what we need. I'll leave it in God's hands now.

Been getting ready for our final homestudy meeting- tomorrow at noon! I've been cleaning. I've been shampooing carpet. I've been dusting. I've been mopping. I've been scrubbing. Your house has now been cleaned within an inch of its life. The regular cleaning is just the norm but it's probably been a good 6-8 months since I shampooed carpets last, yikes!! Shhh...don't tell.

AJ, I have to tell you how much we love you. We've never met you, but we miss you. You were never supposed to grow in my tummy. And for some reason, I wasn't supposed to be your mommy until now. Maybe I was supposed to have your brother first and learn how to take care of him,  to get comfortable with being Anthony's mommy. Then, maybe I was supposed to meet Daddy so he could learn from Anthony and me. And this last 9 years was all to prepare our hearts and lives for your VIP most grand entrance. I want you to know, without a doubt and no matter what- we are your family. We've prayed for you before we knew anything of you. We asked God to bring us someone to love and to call our own. We asked God to bring us a little one who would complete our family. He showed us your picture and gave us your "name." Don't ever think that we had to see two lines appear on a stick to fall in love with you. Our two lines appeared the day we saw your picture, the night that Daddy read out of  Matthew and through his tears, said- "Let's bring our little son home." We love you as if you've always been ours. And I think, really, you always have.

To the moon and back-
Mommy, Daddy, Anthony, Monster, and Fat Two-ee Cat

PS. I'll explain the "two lines on a stick" comment when you're a bit older. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment