Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Day 17 (January 3, 2012)

Dear AJ,
My mommy heart hurts today. Daddy and I are both sick- headaches, achey bodies, scratchy throats, runny noses, congestion, yuck. So, we won't be able to see you today. Hopefully if we rest up all day today, we will feel better and able to come see you tomorrow. You're starting to feel better so we don't want to pass thing back and forth.

I feel so badly that we can't see you. Daddy and I both feel like we were making some progress with you and you were just starting to trust us. Now, we can't help but ask ourselves- does this mean you'll be wondering where we are? Why we didn't come? Will you wonder if we are going to come back? You've started to respond to and want to hold the stuffed musical toy we brought for you, now you won't see him today either. I'm sorry, Love. I really really am.

Ugh. I hate this. I just hate it. Why did this have to happen now? And really, you may be really indifferent to us being there, I get that. This may all be in my head. I get that, too. We've waited so long to see you and be with you and now we can't. We'll call one of the facilitators today and ask her to call the orphanage and let them know why we are not there and to tell you why as well. As soon as Daddy and I are feeling good again, we'll be right back to our daily morning routine, promise.

We love you to the moon and back.
Mommy and Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment